Andrew completed veterinary school and a PhD at the University of Queensland, then trained as an equine internal medicine specialist at the University of Pennsylvania. Andrew is a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, a member of the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists and a registered specialist in equine internal medicine.
Andrew is the Director of the UQ Equine Specialist Hospital, and actively practices as an equine internal medicine specialist.
Andrew’s research interests include:
- The pathophysiology and treatment of laminitis in horses
- Therapeutic hypothermia
- Tissue microdialysis and bioenergetics
- Targeted drug delivery and novel imaging modalities utilising nanoparticles
- Equine exercise physiology and respiratory disease/function
PhD and MPhil Supervision
- View current and completed supervisions on UQ Researchers.
Find out more information on how to apply for a Research Higher Degree (MPhil or PhD) with the School. For all enquiries regarding research supervision, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.