Centre for Animal Welfare and Ethics
Animal welfare is attracting attention worldwide. It is now recognised that housing an animal in an environment designed to maximise its sense of 'well being' is integral to its physical and psychological health. Animal welfare improvements have led to advances in conservation management, companion animal health and the livestock industry.
The Centre for Animal Welfare and Ethics (CAWE) develops innovative practices, guidelines and management strategies to protect animals, enhance their health and ensure their welfare.
CAWE's mission is to improve Animal Welfare, and the ethical issues concerned with Animal Welfare, through research, education and collaboration, all of which recognises the cultural diversity of human-animal interaction.
Find out how you can help improve the welfare of companion animals, livestock, and wildlife.
- Verrinder and Phillips: Ethics and Animal Welfare: Box 7
- Verrinder and Phillips: Ethics and Animal Welfare: Box 8
- Animal Ethics Committee, University of Queensland
- Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- International Society for Applied Ethology (ISAE)
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA)
- Pet Industry Association of Australia (PIAA)
- Humane Society International (Australia)
- Environmental Futures Centre
- Minding Animals